Caring Fathers' is a specialized program to help fathers in improving their relationship with their children and to develop parenting skills. Each participant attends an individual information session, prior to attending the 8 session program.
The Caring Fathers’ Program/ Caring Parenting Program consists of eight (8) individual psychological counselling sessions designed to help fathers/dads develop better parenting skills.
During these sessions the client will explore the different types of parenting styles; how to build a more caring relationship with their child/teenager and how to effectively deal with conflict.
Each session is approximately 45 minutes to about 1 hour in length and the duration of the program is usually two to three months. Some of these these sessions may also be completed over the telephone.
The program can also be completed within a shorter time period. It meets the requirements of the Ontario Court System.
About the Program
The Caring Fathers' Program is a specialized program to help fathers improve their relationship with their children and to develop better parenting skills. Each participant will attend an individual information session, prior to attending the 8- session program.
Some examples of the topics covered includes the following:
- Who is a caring father?
- Building a caring relationship with your child / teenager
- Maintaining a relationship with your child / teenager after a separation or divorce
- Effective parenting skills (communication, negotiation, emotional support, respectful discipline)
- Conflict resolution (spousal and child/teen issues)
- Dealing with legal matters
- Using encouragement and praise to foster a healthy relationship
- Communication skills and mindfulness parenting
- Self-care (mindfulness living, dealing with stress, goal setting)
- Review of the above
If requested the applicant will receive a letter and/or certificate of completion after the successful completion of the Caring Fathers' Program. This certification is accepted by the Ontario Court System.