1 minute reading time
10 Things That May Trigger One's Anxiety
Anxiety is a state of emotion where one feels tense, worried and/or nervous. There are many reasons people experience anxiety and it is partially dependant on the circumstances of your life, such as school, work, relationships, etc. If you are experiencing anxiety and are not sure what is triggering it, it could be one of the following reasons.
- Overstimulating environments - eg. a busy work environment
- Tight deadlines - eg. exams
- Sleep disturbances
- Excessive work/responsibilities
- Circumstances that are predominantly out of one's control
- Negative situations that make one feel trapped
- Chronic pain
- Difficult life transitions
- Judgment and criticism
- Times of uncertainty
Remember not to take on more than you can; this will help prevent burnout. Uncertain and/or negative times are typically temporary and they will pass. Ensure you are making time for yourself to relax and reflect on your lifestyle.